For those wanting a high-level understanding of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on IEC/ISO 27001:2013, this is a good place to start.
The ISMS is a comprehensive risk identification, assessment and management system, comprising technology, policy and practice-based solutions, and directed at ensuring the security of all types of information. This 2-hour on-line course provides a good introduction to the concepts underlying the ISO 27001 ISMS, an overview of its main components and some tips on implementing an ISMS compliant with ISO 27001 in any organisation.
One of our experienced ISO 27001 trainers and consultants will:
• Explain the major components of the ISO 27001 Information Security Management System
• Review the benefits of implementing an ISO 27001 ISMS
• Consider the value of ISO 27001 certification to third parties
• Discuss an implementation approach including risk assessment and Annex A controls
• 2 hours of instructor led, on-line tuition
• 100% up-to-date material
• Copy of course slides
• Access will also be available to a recording of the on-line session.
To participate in the session you will require a computer, headset and a good internet connection. Once your registration has been confirmed, we will forward you the link to the session.
The course will cover the following:
• An overview of ISO 27001 and its application
• The core elements of the ISMS
• An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls
• ISO 27001 Certification and what it means
• Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning
This course is ideal for anyone interested in or about to undertake an ISO 27001 project. It is relevant to procurement teams responsible for assessing the meaning and value of ISO 27001 certifications held by suppliers. It should also be of interest to those who want to improve an existing ISMS within their organization, information security and governance practitioners, internal auditors, managers and senior staff working in IT and those working in compliance and operational risk.