******* SPECIAL DISCOUNTED COVID PRICING *******
$500 Discount when you register for both CIPP/E and CIPM together
Our new on-line learning offer: Delivered over six (6) separate 3-hour sessions our on-line training provides the opportunity of instructor led learning as part of a group accessible from anywhere in Australia.
PRIVACY’S PREMIER EUROPEAN DATA PROTECTION CERTIFICATION.
Developed in collaboration with the law firms, Bird and Bird, Field Fisher, Wilson/Sonsini and Covington and Burling, the CIPP/E encompasses pan-European and national data protection laws, key privacy terminology and practical concepts concerning the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
With the power of ANSI/ISO accreditation behind it, a CIPP/E credential elevates your professional profile by deepening your knowledge and improving your job effectiveness. We constantly update our certification exams, textbooks and training to reflect the latest advances in privacy. The CIPP/E includes critical topics like the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the GDPR.
Here are our top five reasons why IAPP certification and training are sure to advance your organization.
The CIPP is the global industry standard for professionals entering and working in the field of privacy.
Achieving a CIPP/E credential demonstrates understanding of a principles-based framework and knowledge base in information privacy within the European context, including critical topics like the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and GDPR (including Mandatory DPOs).
You’ll be recognized as part of an elite group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated privacy and data protection practitioners.
Holding a CIPP/E designation elevates your leadership profile among your colleagues.
The CIPP/E is a key benchmark among top employers for hiring and promoting privacy professionals.
- 6 x 3-hour instructor led on-line training sessions
- Official iapp text-book
- Up to date Student Guide
- Specimen exam
- Exam voucher (valid for 6 months and valued at US$550). Students will be given detailed guidance on how to use their voucher to book their exam as part of the course
- 12 months of IAPP Professional Membership (valued at US$250)
- Access to recorded sessions at any time for up to 12 months after the course date.
You’ll gain essential skills and connect with members of IAPP's Professional Privacy Faculty—the best in the business for what they know and how they teach it.
- Introduction to European Data Protection
- European Regulatory Institutions
- Legislative Framework
- Compliance with European Data Protection Law and Regulation
- International Data Transfers
The CIPP/E body of knowledge outlines all the concepts and topics you need to know to become certified.
I. Introduction to European Data Protection
- Origins and Historical Context of Data Protection Law
- European Union Institutions
- Legislative Framework
II. European Data Protection Law and Regulation
- Data Protection Concepts
- Territorial and Material Scope of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Processing Principles
- Lawful Processing Criteria
- Information Provision Obligations
- Data Subjects’ Rights
- Security of Personal Data
- Accountability Requirements
- International Data Transfers
- Supervision and enforcement
- Consequences for GDPR violations
III. Compliance with European Data Protection Law and Regulation
- Employment Relationship
- Surveillance Activities
- Direct Marketing
- Internet Technology and Communications
Session Dates and Times:
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2020 2.30 – 5.30pm AEST Module 1: Data protection laws / Module 2: Personal data
- Thursday 26 Nov 2020 2.30 – 5.30pm AEST Module 3: Controllers and processors / Module 4: Processing personal data
- Wednesday 2 Dec 2020 2.30 – 5.30pm AEST Module 5: Information provision / Module 6: Data subjects’ rights
- Thursday 3 Dec 2020 2.30 – 5.30pm AEST Module 7: Security of processing / Module 8: Accountability
- Wednesday 9 Dec 2020 2.30 – 5.30pm AEST Module 9: Cross-border data transfers / Module 10: Supervision and enforcement
- Thursday 10 Dec 2020 2.30 – 5.00pm AEST Module 11: Compliance /Exam Prep
** PLEASE NOTE - Dates and time may change subject to demand - Final dates and times will be confirmed by 10 Nov 2020 **
Who should attend?
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Managers
- Legal Compliance Officers
- Security Manager
- Information Managers
Anyone involved with data protection processes and programmes
Are you GDPR-ready?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has taken effect on May 25th 2018, are you ready for it? Among its mandates is the requirement to appoint a knowledgeable Data Protection Officer (DPO) tasked with monitoring compliance, managing internal data protection activities, training data processing staff, conducting internal audits and more. There’s a lot to know, there’s a lot at stake and there’s a lot of opportunity for data protection professionals with the right training and education.
Achieving a CIPM credential shows that you have a comprehensive knowledge of how data protection programmes should work across an organization. Add a CIPP/E credential and prove that you not only can manage a data protection programme, but you understand the regulations that govern them.
With a CIPM and CIPP/E combined you’ll be uniquely equipped to fulfill the DPO requirements of the GDPR. The CIPP/E relates to the knowledge a DPO must have concerning the European legal framework of the legislation, and the CIPM provides theoretical aspects necessary to lead an organisation’s data protection policy.
WE RECOMMEND: Also doing the Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) 2 day or online course.
$500 DISCOUNT when you do both.