Defensive Cyber Operations is an essential course for technical staff in a Defence Cyber Operations (DCO) role. Over five days participants will learn about the technical environment, fundamental principles and tactics, techniques, tools and procedures involved with DCO. Completing the course participants will have the well-rounded knowledge and experience on which to build their abilities. Practical training is underpinned by theoretical education.
Register via IT Security Training Australia and receive a free copy of the (ISC)2 Official Guide to the CISSP.
This 5 day course is delivered on-site at Fifth Domain's training facility. Included is:
- 5 x 8 hour days of instructor led training
- Individual practical exercises
- Team exercise
- Up to the minute course content developed by industry experts.
Participants are required to BYOD laptop with wi-fi connectivity.
All our labs are cloud-based so participant laptops are not required to run virtual machines
This 5-days intensive instructor led course teaches participants how to conduct a comprehensive program of basic Defensive Cyber Operations activities including how to:
- Conduct threat modeling.
- Deploy network and host-based intrusion detection systems.
- Identify malicious network and host-based activity.
- Link malicious indicators of compromise to build an intelligence picture.
- Classify intrusion intent and damage.
- Apply DCO theory, methodology and frameworks to innovate defensive techniques.
- Provide advice and briefings on threats to both technical and non-technical audiences
This course has been designed for those with responsibility for or an interest in offensive computer operations, for anyone responsible for setting up and managing organisational security. It suits IT generalists as well as those with more specific security obligations.