In today’s complex world, an appropriate and usable incident response plan to deal with inevitable incidents and unforeseeable events and an agile, incident response capability are essential. How you prepare for and respond can minimise the impact of a damaging security incident. One of the most important ways to prepare is to ensure you have an effective information security incident response strategy. Being prepared will be even more important once mandatory data breach notification obligations are introduced into the Privacy Act.
This 1-day hands-on workshop will help you improve your organizations’ security posture by learning:
- What you mandatory data breach notification requirements involved
- What goes into an effective information security incident response plan for your organisation;
- Systems for classifying events and identifying incidents;
- The importance of clear, timely and consistent internal and external communications;
- Why it is important for first-responders to have the authority to act and make decisions;
- The benefits of testing your plan.
The workshop will incorporate role-playing as a tool to simulate the tension of a real-time crisis situation. Hands-on exercises will provide the opportunity to gain experience with the type of decisions an organisation might face in an information security emergency.