For those wanting a high level understanding of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on IEC/ISO 27001:2013, this is a good place to start.
In this one-day seminar, IT Security Training Australia introduces the ISMS based on ISO 27001, the International Standard for Information Security Management It also covers the associated international standard, ISO 27002, ISO 27003, ISO 27004 and IS0 27005, and touches on other relevant standards including ISO 27017 and ISO 27018. The ISMS is a comprehensive risk identification, assessment and management system, comprising technology, policy and practice-based solutions. The course provides a good introduction to the concepts underlying the ISO 27001 ISMS and some tips on implementing an ISMS compliant with ISO 27001 in any organisation.
This one-day classroom course explains the benefits of the IEC/ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management standard and provides a complete introduction to the key elements required to achieve its best practice and compliance.
Using a combination of training and practical exercises, an experienced ISO 27001 trainer and consultant will:
- Explain the major components of the ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Review the benefits of implementing an ISO 27001 ISMS
- Discuss an implementation approach including risk assessment and Annex A controls
- 8 hours of instructor led, classroom based tuition
- 100% up-to-date material
- Copy of course slides
- Additional reference materials
Participants should bring their own copy of both IEC/ISO 27001:2013 and IEC/ISO 27002:2013 Code of Practice.
The course will cover the following:
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation.
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application.
- The core elements of the ISMS.
- An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls
- The benefits of ISMS certification.
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning.
This course is ideal for anyone interested in or about to undertake an ISO 27001 project or who wishes to build a career in information security management. It is relevant to procurement teams responsible for assessing the meaning and value of ISO 27001 certifications held by suppliers. It should also be of interest to those who want to improve an existing ISMS within their organization, information security and governance practitioners, internal auditors, managers and senior staff working in IT and those working in compliance and operational risk.